<em id="0i93o"></em>
<sub id="0i93o"></sub>
<meter id="0i93o"></meter>
      1. <form id="0i93o"></form>

          Slow and Steady Wins the Race!
        UNSV英語學習頻道 - Slow and steady wins the race!

        EDUCATION REPORT - Foreign Student Series: Getting a US Visa

        作者:Nancy Steinbach 發布日期:11-6-2008

        看看網友 Miss Hour 對這篇 EDUCATION REPORT 的翻譯與學習心得體會


        This is the VOA Special English Education Report.

        This week, in part nine of our Foreign Student Series, we talk about getting a student visa to come to the United States.

        Just getting accepted to an American college or university does not guarantee that you will get a visa. And getting a visa just lets you arrive in the United States. It does not guarantee that an immigration officer will permit you to enter the country.

        Travel documents come from the Department of State. But immigration is the responsibility of the Department of Homeland Security.

        The State Department has a Web site with all the rules for getting a visa. The address is unitedstatesvisas.gov. Unitedstatesvisas is all one word.

        Chinese visa applicants at the U.S. Embassy in Beijing
        Chinese visa applicants at the U.S. Embassy in Beijing

        If you are requesting a visa for the first time, you will probably have to go to an American embassy or consulate. You will need to bring a government form sent to you by your American school that shows you have been accepted.

        You will also need banking and tax records that show you have enough money to pay for your education. And be prepared to provide evidence that you will return to your home country after your studies end.

        All of this is important in satisfying the requirements to get a visa. A consular official will also take your picture and your fingerprints.

        Foreign students must contact their local embassy or consulate to request an interview and to get other information. This includes directions about how and where to pay the visa application charge. The cost is two hundred dollars.

        You should apply for the visa as soon as you have been accepted to a school in the United States. The government needs time to perform a background investigation.

        You cannot receive a visa more than one hundred twenty days before the start of your program. And if you are coming as a student for the first time, you cannot enter the country more than thirty days before classes begin.

        Once you come to the United States, you can stay for the length of your period of study. Your school is required to provide the Department of Homeland Security with reports on your status as a student. We will talk more about what that means next week.

        And that's the VOA Special English Education Report, written by Nancy Steinbach. Our Foreign Student Series is online with transcripts, MP3s and helpful links at www.squishedblueberries.com. I'm Steve Ember.

        11-18-2016 21:56:13
        It's not easy to get a visa after 911 .
        版權所有©2003-2019 南京通享科技有限公司,保留所有權利。未經書面許可,嚴禁轉載本站內容,違者追究法律責任。 互聯網經營ICP證:蘇B2-20120186
        網站備案:蘇公網安備 32010202011039號蘇ICP備05000269號-1中國工業和信息化部網站備案查詢